Close Protection Specialist Training Course
This training is designed to provide training for duties on a close protection detail with an understanding of the skills and procedures required to provide effective close protection in the private sector in Canada.
- Principles & Concepts of Close Protection
- Private Protection: Corporate / Dignitary / Celebrity
- The Advance – Domestic & Foreign
- Risk Assessments & Threat Assessments
- De-escalation, Conflict Management, & Effective Communications
- Use of Force Theory, Critical Thinking, Decision Making
- Legal Authorities (Canadian) & Best Practices.
- Protocols & Ethics, & Marketing
- Safety Principles, Self Defense, Defensive Tactics, Control, Grounding, Unarmed Tactical Training
- Edged Weapon & Firearm Response Options
- Choreography of Protection / Detail Formations / Cover & Evacuate
- Scenarios and Simulations
- Enbus / Debus, Convoy Strategies & Tactics
- Live Field Exercises
This course is intended for the entry-level close protection specialist and will be delivered by industry professionals with public and private sector experience. The course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the skills and protocols required to provide professional and effective personal protection in the Canadian private sector.